PRACTICE AREASEstate Planning and Probate
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Honors: Dean’s Scholar
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts
Kathleen A. Cieslik
Kathleen is an experienced attorney with demonstrated skills in Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Trust Administration, Probate Litigation, and Nonprofit Organizations.Kathleen concentrates on creating specialized estate plans which emphasize the importance of efficient management and transfer of assets during life and at death. She is driven to help clients with estates of all sizes achieve their goals such as planned giving, tax planning, wealth preservation and protecting loved ones. An advocate with tested court-room skills, Kathleen also enjoys representing individuals and families on various probate matters.
In addition to estate planning and administration, Kathleen has experience with nonprofit corporations including drafting organizational documents, qualifying organizations for tax exempt status, and continuing advice regarding governance and regulatory issues.
- Assist with planning for $30M estate, including revisions to estate planning documents to include charitable giving and thereby greatly reduce the client’s estate tax;
- Assist with administration of $30M estate, including review of 706 and obtaining business valuations.
- Assist multiple philanthropic organizations from beginning stages of entity creation, to obtaining tax exempt status by preparing Form 1023 and 1023-EZ, and further governance matters beyond.